Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Vital Need

I have started reading the Amplified Bible when studying. I had heard about the version at a Women's Conference. And then YouVersion (Love YouVersion! It's a smart phone must!) came out with it. Now it is one of my favorite Bible versions.
Last night when reading I came across Psalms 27. Sometimes I find I don't have the words to pray and during those times I open up the Psalms and pray them. Psalms 27 is an excellent psalm for this. As I prayed through Psalm 27, I came to verse 8 and couldn't leave it. It commanded my attention.
8You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word].
I want that Psalms 27:8 hunger. I want to passionately seek, ask for and require God's presence because I have to have it to survive. It has to be a need in my life
How often do we seek after God because we crave, yearn, need Him? Not because of what He can do for us but because without Him we are nothing. He must be my vital need.
Somehow I have to get beyond routine religion and start requiring "living water" for daily substance.




No comments: