Thursday, August 4, 2011

Abide in the Vine

Hebrews 5:11-14 NIV


11 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

This passage was my Thursday Word for the day,... and it's wrecking me. It frightens me because it applies to me. "you no longer try to understand,..." OUCH! Have I stopped searching, learning, yearning after the Word and the Creator of the Word? Am I where God intended me to be in my spiritual growth? Am I still in infancy when I should be in adulthood? Have I stunted my growth?

Last night in Element Service, Michael Cena spoke to us about "abiding in the vine." You are either apart of the Vine or you're not. You can't have it both ways and the Word is plain on what happens to branches that fail to produce the fruit of the Vine.

John 15:5-6

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
I can't allow myself to be stunted. I have to kept growing and nuturing my walk with God. I must grow into the Vine and not allow anything to uproot me. I cannot become useless. I must keep growing... I must keep trying to understand...

No comments: