Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dream Home

When looking at homes to place in my mental "Dream House" file (yes, call me crazy but I have a mental file) I always imagine what it would look like at Christmas. The lights dripping from the roof, the wreath on the door, the garland on the porch, kids playing in the yard, my man watching them from the front step and me with a camera trying to capture each moment.

 

(LOVE this house!)
Dream House Wish List:
  • I want a large backyard with room for the kids to run and play. I want a beautiful, functional backyard where I can have birthday parties, yard parties and relax after a long work day.
  •  I want a warm inviting house where anyone feels comfortable and at home. Complete with rugs. It's starting to become my philosophy that rugs make a house. Love them!
  •  I want a large kitchen which may sound strange to those who know me AND my inability to cook. But I will learn! Growing up in my house taught me that family life happens in the kitchen. Even if food isn't being prepared, the family just seems to gravitate to that one room. Many laughs and serious conversations have happened there. And that's what I want in my home.
  • I want more than two bathrooms. Growing up in a family of five where most of our lives we shared two baths, I've learned that a lot of stress can be avoided in life if you have more bathrooms. Especially having a family that consists of mainly females.
  • I want a large living room with a roaring fireplace. I want the focal point of the room to be the the people in the room, not the tv. I like watching tv. It's great to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie. Love that. But a living room is about the people in it. Not the tv. That's why its called the LIVING room.
  • I want a front porch. I like patios and back porches, they're great! But call me old fashion but there's just something magical about sitting on your front porch. 
I realize that all the previously mentioned things don't make a house a home. The people and the love in the house make it a home. I know the difference between wishes and needs. But sometimes a girl likes to dream a bit... and who knows? Maybe one day I'll wish on the right star and you will read a post about my dream house come true.


1 comment:

Timothy B Winkler said...

nice Rachel ^-^ btw this is Bradley your cousin ;)