Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rocky Road at the Right Time

Ps. 145:15-17

" All living things look to You for food and You give it to them at the right time . You open you hand and You satisfy all living thing. Everything the Lord does is right. He is loyal to all He has made."

When I was kid I loved ice cream. I would ask my parents all the time for Yarnell’s rocky road ice cream. But you know what, I didn’t get it all the time. There were occasions when Mom or Dad would give in to my desperate begging but there were other times when they knew I didn’t need that bowl of yummy goodness. For my greater health they said no. My parents knew that I didn’t need ice cream all the time. They knew that it was temporary filler & that eventually I would need something else more sustaining. Also they knew that my body & my mind did not need temporary stuffing, I needed sustenance, things that would benefit me in the long run. They saw the whole picture.

God is like that. God gives us what we need, when we need it. There are times when we pray & think that God should give us that relationship or that certain job but He is God. He sees the future. He painted my future so He has my best interests at heart. There will be times when like a parent He gently spoils us and then He says, "No more. You’ve had enough." And like the child that I am, I do throw fits. I spiritually stamp my foot and back talk Him as if He doesn’t know what He’s doing…. I know that I’m alone in spiritual tantrums, right?

In Ps. 145:15, we find out that God gives us our nourishment, just the things we need to survive in this crazy world. Our desperate begging and pleading sometimes works and He caves, He satisfies us. But the key is "at the right time." At the RIGHT time he gives us our daily bread. You see, He knows the difference between daily bread & cravings. That’s why we have to trust completely in Him. What creator would purposely harm or deprive his creation? He wouldn’t. HE knows what is right and everything HE does is right.

No comments: